Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Jazzy got her gun


Monday morning, I wake up, make coffee and relax. An hour before noon, I e-mail my history professor to ask him when our book report is due (I'm thinking in like a week or so). It is noon when I get his reply: "The paper is due on Wednesday, I hope this doesn't come as a surprise..."
OMG! Surprise!

I'm freakin. Run to the metro, go to Chapter's, they're out of the book, go to the Concordia bookstore, they have it, 20$. One o'clock, take the bus home, find a cafe, park my ass down until the book is done. Six o'clock, go home eat some random student crap, aka chips, go back out, write the paper.
Ten o'clock. Done! Done? Holy shit, done!

This book has incredibly sad. However, I recommend it. The story is about a man who loses his limbs, hearing and half of his face in WWI, his mouth, nose and eyes are gone. With only his mind and no one to communicate to, his thoughts on war evolve and become increasingly negative. This work was a deep reflection on the illogic of war. The ups and downs of the story fed my stressed adrenaline levels.

No comments: