Monday, February 12, 2007

Cross Canada drive back to reality


You'd think that after tree planting for an entire summer that I coulfd afford to buy myself a plane ticket back home... Well yes, but that would have been the rest of my money. Instead, I decided to drive through the country.

Anton and Tomaz wanted to drive continuo
usly. From Alberta to Ontario, no stops, except to pee and eat.

I was SO tired. Three nights and three days in a car catching sleep in increments of 3-4 hours is though on the body and brain.

We caught some nice views though. Spotted this massive cumulonimbus cloud across Saskatchewan. And that's me on the right looking like a heroine/crack addict.

Finally got to Sudbury where I got onto a bus for Ottawa. That ride was sweet, I slept. When I got to Montreal, I parked my ass on Jon's couch for four days to watch tv and play video games. I love Jon.

Montreal is too much after having stayed in the bush for the summer. Everything seems fake when you get back. Makeup? I have to straighten my hair now? What the hell? Yeah... So I ran away to Moncton, for three weeks! My god, to be back at the folks place with a real bed, free food and cable needs no further elaboration. The now enhanced tomboy in me helped my dad replace the shingles on our roof. And I actually had fun doing it, well it helped that he paid me but still I'd do it again.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

yeah. surprisingly your new-found heroine addiction is absent from the stories. When are we going to hear about what REALLY happened to Jazz?