Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My kind of ride


If you have had the joy of being in Montreal during winter, you may have witnessed the snow removal parades. Before anything starts, there's a truck that drives down the street blasting the most annoying siren. This noise from hell let's car owners that that their vehicle is going to be to be towed if they don't relocate it. The joys of driving in Montreal I guess... Moments after, mega trucks pass buy to remove the snow. Following them are the mini sidewalk plowers.

At my work, where I am a waitress, I met the crew that plows my area. Of course me being me, it didn't take long before I asked the boss of the crew to let me ride one of those babies (the plowing machine not one of the guys). He said yes! The guy in the picture had the pleasure of showing me how to drive it. He didn't even care that I almost rammed into two or three cars. It was so much fun! The other day he saw me walking home and gave me a lift. Much better than public transportation.